Effective date: April 26, 2020
Thanks for entrusting Teamplify with your information. Holding on to your private information is a serious responsibility, and we want you to know how we're handling it.
Of course, the short version doesn't tell you everything, so please read on for more details!
"User Personal Information" is any personal information about one of our users that could, alone or together with other information, personally identify them. Information such as an email address, a real name, a username or ID in a third-party system, and a photograph are examples of “User Personal Information.” User Personal Information includes Personal Data as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation.
"Technical Information" may include information we collect from website browsers, such as web server logs, or other log information, such as User session or activity logs. Technical Information may be connected to User Personal Information such as a real name or an email address, or to other potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
User Personal Information does not include aggregated, non-personally identifying information. We may use aggregated, non-personally identifying information to operate, analyze, improve, and optimize our website and service.
If you create an account, we require some basic information at the time of account creation. You may either provide a valid email address, or sign up using your account in a third-party system, such as Github, Gitlab, Bitbucket, or Slack. You also have the option to give us more information if you want to, and this may include "User Personal Information."
If you're just browsing the website, we collect the same basic information that most websites collect. We use common internet technologies, such as cookies and web server logs, to collect Technical Information. This is stuff we collect from everybody, whether they have an account or not.
The information we collect about all visitors to our website includes the visitor’s browser type, language preference, referring site, additional websites requested, and the date and time of each visitor request. We also collect potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
Teamplify also receives personal information about individuals from third parties. This happens when an organization administrator links to a third-party service, such as Github, Gitlab, Bitbucket, Jira, or Slack.
Why we collect this information:
- We need your User Personal Information to create your account, and to provide the services you request, including to provide the Teamplify service, or to respond to support requests.
- We use your User Personal Information, specifically your email and your connected accounts in third-party services to identify you on Teamplify.
- We use it to fill out your profile and share that profile with other users if you ask us to.
- We will use your email address to communicate with you, if you've said that's okay, and only for the reasons you’ve said that’s okay.
- We collect Technical Information to better understand how our website visitors use Teamplify, and to monitor and protect the security of the website.
- We collect personal information from third parties for the purposes for which it was authorized to be collected. For example, you may authorize Teamplify to analyse commit activity in your Github account. If we need to use your personal information for other purposes, we will ask your permission first.
- We use your User Personal Information and Technical Information for internal purposes, such as to maintain logs for security reasons, for training purposes, and for legal documentation and compliance.
- We limit our use of your User Personal Information to the purposes listed in this Privacy Statement. If we need to use your User Personal Information for other purposes, we will ask your permission first.
Under certain international laws (including GDPR), Teamplify is required to notify you about the legal basis on which we process User Personal Information. Teamplify processes User Personal Information on the following legal bases:
- When you create a Teamplify account, you either provide your email address, or sign up with your account in a third-party system. We require those data elements for you to enter into the Terms of Service agreement with us, and we process those elements on the basis of performing that contract. We also process this information on other bases.
- If you have a paid account with us, there will be other data elements we must collect and process on the basis of performing that contract. Teamplify does not collect or process a credit card number, but our third-party payment processor does.
- As a user, you can fill out the information in your user profile, and you have the option to provide User Personal Information such as your date of birth, your country, and your timezone. We process this information on the basis of consent. All of this information is entirely optional, and you have the ability to access, modify, and delete it at any time.
- Generally, the remainder of the processing of personal information we perform is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests. For example, for legal compliance purposes or to maintain ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of Teamplify's systems, website, and service, we must keep logs of Technical Information.
- If you would like to request erasure of data we process on the basis of consent or object to our processing of personal information, please contact Teamplify Support at email@example.com.
If you're a child under the age of 16, you may not have an account on Teamplify. Teamplify does not knowingly collect information from or direct any of our content specifically to children under 16. If we learn or have reason to suspect that you are a user who is under the age of 16, we will unfortunately have to close your account. We don't want to discourage you from using our product, but those are the rules. Please see our Terms of Service for information about account termination. Other countries may have different minimum age limits, and if you are below the minimum age for providing consent for data collection in your country, you may not use Teamplify without obtaining your parents' or legal guardians' consent.
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade User Personal Information with third parties for their commercial purposes, except where you have specifically told us to.
We do not host advertising on Teamplify. We may occasionally embed content from third party sites, such as YouTube or Vimeo, and that content may include ads. While we try to minimize the amount of ads our embedded content contains, we can't always control what third parties show. Any advertisements on our site are not sponsored by, or tracked by, Teamplify.
We do not disclose User Personal Information outside Teamplify, except in the situations listed in this section or in the section below on Compelled Disclosure.
If you're already a Teamplify user, you may access, update, alter, or delete your basic user profile information by editing your user profile or contacting Teamplify Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can control the information we collect about you by limiting what information is in your profile, by updating out of date information, or by contacting Teamplify Support.
If Teamplify processes information about you and you do not have an account, such as information Teamplify receives from third party integrations, then you may access, update, alter, delete, or object to the processing of your personal information by contacting Teamplify Support.
As a Teamplify User, you can always take your data with you. You can contact Teamplify Support and request all of the data we have about you.
Generally, Teamplify will retain User Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services.
We may retain certain User Personal Information indefinitely, unless you delete it or request its deletion. For example, we don’t automatically delete inactive user accounts, so unless you choose to delete your account, we will retain your account information indefinitely.
If you would like to cancel your account or delete your User Personal Information, you may do so by contacting Teamplify Support. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements, but barring legal requirements, we will delete your full profile (within reason) within 30 days.
Teamplify sets the following cookies on our users for the following reasons:
sessionid- this cookie is used to log you in;
csrftoken- this cookie is used to store the token that helps to prevent CSRF attacks;
_gid- these cookies are used by Google Analytics;
AWSALB- this cookie is used by AWS Application Load Balancers;
crisp-client*- two cookies with variable names used by Crisp.
We use a number of third party analytics and service providers to help us evaluate our users' use of Teamplify; compile statistical reports on activity; and improve our content and website performance. All of them have signed data protection agreements with us that limit the type of personal information they can collect and the purpose for which they can process the information.
Teamplify may disclose personally-identifying information or other information we collect about you to law enforcement in response to a valid subpoena, court order, warrant, or similar government order, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our property or rights, or those of third parties or the public at large.
In complying with court orders and similar legal processes, Teamplify strives for transparency. When permitted, we will make a reasonable effort to notify users of any disclosure of their information, unless we are prohibited by law or court order from doing so, or in rare, exigent circumstances.
We will use your email address to communicate with you, if you've said that's okay, and only for the reasons you’ve said that’s okay. For example, if you contact our Support team with a request, we may respond to you via email.
Depending on the notification settings in your workspace, Teamplify may occasionally send notification emails. We may also send marketing emails, based on your choices and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. There's an unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each of the notification or marketing emails we send you. Please note that you can not opt out of receiving important communications from us, such as emails from our Support team or system emails, but you can configure your notifications settings in your profile.
When we share your information with third party subprocessors, such as our vendors and service providers, we remain responsible for it. We work very hard to maintain your trust when we bring on new vendors, and we require all vendors to enter into data protection agreements with us that restrict their processing of Users' Personal Information (as defined in this policy).
All of our subprocessors located in the United States comply with the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks .
The full list of our subprocessorts, their location and description of processing:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), United States - data hosting;
- Amplitude, United States - website analytics and performance;
- Google Analytics, United States - website analytics and performance;
- Crisp, Europe - customer support;
- Mixpanel, United States - website analytics and performance;
- New Relic, Europe - website analytics and performance;
- Segment, United States - website analytics and performance;
- Sentry, United States - error reporting;
- Stripe, United States - subscription credit card payment processor.
If you have concerns about the way Teamplify is handling your User Personal Information, please let us know immediately. We want to help. You may email us directly at email@example.com with the subject line "Privacy Concerns." We will respond promptly — within 30 days at the latest.
In the unlikely event that a dispute arises between you and Teamplify regarding our handling of your User Personal Information, we will do our best to resolve it. If we cannot, we have selected to cooperate with the relevant EU Data Protection Authority, or a panel established by the European data protection authorities, for resolving disputes with EU individuals, and with the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) for resolving disputes with Swiss individuals. Please contact us if you’d like us to direct you to your data protection authority contacts.
Additionally, if you are a resident of an EU member state, you have the right to file a complaint with your local supervisory authority.